Sunday, September 19, 2010

Din Tai Fung @ Wisma Atria

Sometimes, when the weather is too hot and humid, I would opt for a simple lunch. Nothing too greasy and spicy. Also, I will try to avoid fried food as I'm the "heaty" type. I need to drink a lot of cooling tea and green tea to cool down my system.

So I went Din Tai Fung at Wisma Atria for a simple lunch. This is the famous dumpling house franchise from  Taiwan and they have been voted the Top 10 restaurant in the World.  I really like their steamed Xiao Long Bao. The skin is so tender and the soup base so tasty. I understand that you need to freeze the soup base and put the frozen cube into the bao. So when the bau is steamed, the frozen base will melt so that's how you can the soup base will flow out when you bite into each xiao long bao. The minced pork is well-mirnated that you don't taste the pork smell. The kitchen is an open-concept so you can see the chefs hard at work making ll those dumplings. To keep their dumplings fresh, they will only steam them with there's an order.

The skill of the chef is very important to ensure that the skin of the bao is not too thick and not too thick that it will break when you pick it up with your chopsticks. So how many Xiao Long Bao can you eat? I can eat an average of 6 pieces. I heard some people can eat 18 pieces at one go! It's very light unlike steamed char siew bao.




Do you like to dip your bao in vinegar and shredded ginger sauce? I used to hate vinegar as I find them very sour. However, I have recently acquired the taste for vinegar. To tell you the truth, a good vinegar is actually not sour.



I also ordered a bowl of noodle with pork chop cutlet. Yummy! The BreadTalk people who owned the Din Tai Fang franchise in Singapore has opened 7 outlets in Singapore. The restauarant is always packed with people epsecially the Paragon outlet so go early to avoid the long queue. Frankly speaking, it's quite tough to get a large family table. However, there are plenty of 2 seaters and 4 seaters.


Outlets: Paragon, Wisma Atria, Raffles City, Jurong Point, Tampines Mall, Junction 8 and 313 @ Somerset (*New)


Food:  Excellent
Ambiance: Good
Service: Good
Price: $20/pax






No comments:

Post a Comment