Saturday, August 21, 2010

Greenhouse @ Ritz-Carlton

Actually, I'm not the buffet-type person. I tend to eat more than I can handle and in the end don't really appreciate the food anymore. Being a small-eater, I also find that it's not value-for-money since I eat very little. Sometimes, I don't even go for second round.

However, since the buffet spread at the Greenhouse is one of the best in Singapore, I decided to give it a try. There's plenty of choices - salads, Japanese, Cantonese, Italian, Indian, seafood, pastry and desserts!

The cold seafood selection is wonderful with scallops, prawns and oysters. I don't eat oysters these days so I give them a miss. The seafood is really fresh but frankly speaking, I think warm seafood taste nicer than cold seafood. 




The cream of mushroom soup is simply delicious. It uses at least 3 types of mushrooms blended. It's not too creamy or too salty. I don't mind having another bowl of soup!



I'm not a bread person but I decided to try the pastry as they look so inviting. The bite-sized chicken pie is so delicious and the cheese stick is also nice.



The shark fins soup is average as there's more crabmeat than shark fins. However, it's not too stachy or salty.



By now, you should have guess that I am a soup person as I like to drink soup. However, this is not a soup, it's actually an Italian seafood stew. I didn't really take note of the name. The tomato-based soup is very appetizing with a bit of herbs like rosemary and black pepper. The seafood ingredients are very fresh and consist of prawns, cod fish and fish slices.




I know that I shouldn't eat processed meat but just couldn't resist the three sausages. My fav is the German sausage.



I tried the tempura prawns and soft-shell crabs. I found it a bit too oily so didn't go for second round.



There's always room for desserts! My hubby had choc ice-cream and a slice of delicious choc cake. I had mango pudding and a slice of choc cake. I find it interesting that the hotel actually personalized their choc by printing the logo on the choc. It adds a special and personal touch.






I had another scoop of mango ice-cream and some strawberries.



The hotel also serve premium coffee and tea so do ask for them.



Food: Excellent
Ambiance: Excellent
Service: Excellent
Price range: $48/pax


The Ritz-Carlton
Millenia Singapore
7 Raffles Avenue, Level 3,
Tel:6434 5288

No comments:

Post a Comment